- 2nd Vice Basileus, Mu Omega Chapter
- 2018 Mu Omega Man of the Year
- Delegate, 70th Second District Conference 2018, Chairman, Membership Selection Process 2018
- Chairman, Strategic Planning 2018, $5,000 Contributor to 79th Conclave 2014
- Center City Ques Achievement Award 2011, Strategic Planning Committee 2008, Chairman, Budget Committee 2007
- Vice Chairman, Budget Committee 2006, Assistant Keeper of Finance – Two Terms
- 2nd District, Deputy Corridor III Representative, 2017-present
- Director of Workforce Strategies, NJ Department of Labor
- Chief Executive Officer, Philadelphia Works
- Executive Director, Local Initiative Support Corporation
- Chief Operating Officer, Germantown Settlement
- Vice President, Urban League of Philadelphia
- Deputy Executive Director, Mayor’s Anti-Graffiti Network
Mark Edwards served as the President and CEO of Philadelphia Works, Inc., the city’s workforce development board, from 2010 to 2016. With an annual budget of more than $62 million, Philadelphia Works invests in solutions and services to grow Philadelphia’s economy by connecting employers to workforce talent and career seekers to jobs. Under Mark’s leadership, Philadelphia Works modernized and integrated its operations, expanded its use of data and technology to better meet the needs of both employers and job seekers, significantly increased both the number of employers using its services and the total number of placements annually. It also deepened its strategic linkages with other key city agencies involved in economic development and commercial revitalization, and raised over $16.5 million for local neighborhood revitalization and economic development through private fundraising and government investment.
At the national level, Mark served as the 1st Vice President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) 2016 Workforce Development Council (WDC) Board of Trustees. The WDC works closely with mayors and their representatives to influence Congress, policy, and the U.S. Department of Labor in directing employment and training funds throughout the country.
Before moving to Philadelphia Works, Edwards served as Executive Director with the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), where he led its Philadelphia office; during his tenure Philadelphia LISC the company implemented a five-year investment strategy that committing $100 million to the Philadelphia market and raised and invested more than $43 million in communities throughout Philadelphia. Edwards previously served as Senior Vice President and COO of Germantown Settlement, Senior Vice President of the Urban League of Philadelphia; and Deputy Executive Director, City of Philadelphia, Mayor’s Anti-Graffiti Network from 1987 to 1996.
Edwards currently serves as Director of Workforce Strategies for the New Jersey Department of Labor where he leads the reform efforts of the Work First New Jersey program for TANF recipients.
Edwards also served on the board of trustees for Community College of Philadelphia and the board of advisors for PNC Bank Community Development and the Mayor’s Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity. He currently serves as a Trustee of Pierce College and is a Fellow for Temple University’s Center on Regional Politics. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Morehouse College.